Travel Agents in Canada


“Can I be a home-based agent in Canada?”

Absolutely! If you want to be a travel agent in Canada, you’ve come to the right place.

Many host agencies in the United States will welcome Canadians as outside reps. And there’s no reason you can’t form a relationship with a local Canadian agency — in fact, that might be preferable.

One of the goals of my home study course is to provide you with the information you need to make a wise decision when it comes to choosing a host agency. To that end I have provided profiles of scores of host agencies (including in Canada) to help you narrow your search and become a home-based agent wherever you are located in Canada or the United States.

One word of caution: just because an agency is local does not always means it is the best choice. You may find that working with an agency many miles away is a better choice — for you. There are pros and cons to each option and I go over them in the home study course.

For those of you in other parts of the world, let me say that the focus of my materials is on the United States and Canada. I am unfamiliar with regulations in England, Australia and the like.

However, I do know that some U.S. host agencies will work with agents overseas. Usually this means in Mexico and the Caribbean but they may be willing to work with agents farther afield. Additional distance creates additional problems (or at least considerations). If you would like to offer customers in your home country with tours and cruises offered by U.S.-based suppliers, then such a long-distance relationship might make sense.

If you are interested in ordering our home study course, please CLICK HERE.

Travel Agent Training